Learn about LWVOC
THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA
- LWVOC is a member organization. It is a nonprofit, nontax-deductible 501(c)4 corporation. Board officers and directors are elected at an annual meeting by League members. No Board member is a paid staff member of LWVOC.
- LWVOC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit political organization of men and women who seek to improve the quality of democracy in our country by increasing voters’ knowledge of candidates and issues. We work for good government at local, state and national levels.
- LWVOC does not support or oppose candidates. It does, however, support issues and legislation, after careful member study. It encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, as it works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- The purpose of The League of Women Voters is to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government. The League of Women voters is nonpartisan in that it does not support or oppose any political candidate; it is political in that it takes positions on selected governmental issues after member study and agreement.
- LWVOC recognizes the role of political parties in our form of government and believes that participation in the activities of the political parties is an essential ingredient of citizen responsibility. While the League urges its members to be politically active, certain constraints are necessary in order to maintain the nonpartisanship of the organization.